The primary source of funding for custom orthopedic bracing is the Assistive Devices Program. The Assistive Devices program (ADP) is a branch of the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care. Custom made orthopedic devices that are medically prescribed and needed for full time use for long-term conditions may be funded through ADP.

The program will cover up to 75% of the total cost of the custom devices and the remaining 25% will be the responsibility of the patient.  If the patient is receiving assistance from Ontario Works Program (OWP), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), or Assistance to Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD), ADP may cover 100% of the cost for the approved custom orthopedic device.

Private insurance may also cover a portion of the remaining 25% balance. The patient will be responsible to submit the invoice and any necessary paperwork to their insurance company for reimbursement.

In order to receive funding, the custom devices must be prescribed by a physician and provided by an orthotist who is certified by the Canadian Board for Certification of Prosthetists and Orthotists.